Friday, March 4, 2011

Relaxation: Not in my vocabulary!

As we set off into the upcoming weekend ahead, I begin to fantasize about driving to the beach, sitting poolside drinking adult concoctions, and reclining to read a book under the sun. Soon enough I am brought to reality by screaming toddlers, tween boys hassling me to get off the computer, and even the dog is begging me to feed him some grub. Not in this lifetime will my day ever look like this imaginary fantasy. My weekend of relaxation is actually harder work because the older boys are now home and expect me to chauffeur them to karate, out with their friends, or to take them on a bike ride.

My day usually begins around 5am when hubby & I awake heading off to our computers. Him, holding a cup of tea and me, sipping my morning energy drink. After reading the morning headlines online and checking my accumulated emails, I get dressed to pursue a workout. Since I want to enjoy my weekend, I allow myself to do a half an hour run before getting down to the business of memorizing choreography. After perspiring off 5 pounds of sweat, I am ready to start my day!

We enjoy doing things as a family and in this day in age, that seems unheard of. I can probably count on one hand the parties or gatherings I have attended without my husband or children. So many of my friends have girls night out, but I've never been one to have the need for that type of socialization. So on the weekends after karate, parties, or anything else we enjoy family time. What exactly does that consist of? Hiking in the state park, a day of shopping at the outlets, or a day of roller skating. Just anything that makes us value our special time together.


As fast is it arrived, our weekend comes to an end. The kids study on Sunday night preparing for the following day, as I pack their lunches and lay out their clothes. I've always been one to be prepared a day ahead. A trait passed down to me by my father. So with all that said, we may entertain about 2-3 our of tv time the entire weekend. The rest of it I am proud to say is busy making lasting memories I hope my children value into their adult lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment