Thursday, March 3, 2011

Our New Life of Photography

My talented husband has begun a side career in photography. He dove in at the deep end of thrilling, fashion photography. A world of gorgeous size 0 models, long tanned legs, half dressed poses, the look of lust on their faces. In other words, a housewives nightmare! In his attempts to relieve the situation, he offered me a chance to experience the limelight. I can't stress enough that every person should have this done at least once in their lifetime. What a self esteem booster! It was like the adult version of playing dress up as a kid. For the couple hours the session lasted I was transformed from being a casual shorts & t-shirt wearing mom into a glamourous fashionista.

That experience was short lived and back to reality I went. Not the case for my husband who has had a busy schedule with multiple fashion shoots in the past month. I'll have to be honest, in the beginning it was rough. My jealousy levels were at an all time high which probably didn't make me the most easiest person to be around. Images of hot models haunted me constantly. I was suddenly aware that I was no longer 21 and no matter how hard I worked out at the gym was I ever going to be  5'11. That's when I held an inner pep talk with myself. I had to regain my focus on what I like about me. I realized there is plenty to be proud of. I'm a mom of 4 beautiful children, a great wife, and I'm a pretty talented athlete, too.

Yesterday I was pleased, to say the least that hubby has finally taken on a male model photo shoot. He came home sorting through 200 images of this insanely ripped guy and for the first time I eagerly helped in viewing which proofs would work the best. What a welcomed change that was from seeing his portfolio filled with an all female clientele. Tomorrow brings a whole new day, though. Another shoot with yet another hot, blond bombshell!

I must say, I am so proud of how far he has come with this skill. I will continue to be a supportive wife and offer him my amateur opinions. I suppose his love of photography could be compared to my devotion of fitness. It helps keep me balanced and focused so that I may be a better mother & wife. Our new life of photography is just beginning, but I can see it as another branch of discovery onto our tree of life.

4 comments:

  1. Great story Cris! And he is a very talented photographer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no matter how pretty the models are, they aren't the woman he married or the woman who gave him his 4 beautiful children. They don't hold a candle to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris you are beautiful! Nothing to be jealous about and I am sure your husband says exactly that.

    I would enjoy looking at the male models as well. Doesn't hurt anything and I am sure your opinion means a lot.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a gorgeous model! Just keep reminding yourself that you are beautiful inside AND out :)

    ReplyDelete