Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Been awhile...

It's been awhile since my last blog and I will let you know why. I let others mindless talk break me down into an insecure school girl. All the preaching I do to my kids about not allowing others to destroy your dreams, well I fell into the pothole and sank. Normally I don't allow myself to fall for others judgements, but since these individuals were my friends since childhood, it made it a very hurtful experience. Not to dwell too much on the negative, I simply had to step away from myself and re-evaluate who I am and what I stand for.

At first I took this time seriously, pondering over the nasty gossip. I wondered what I had done to upset these ladies. Then I made a connection with others who seemed to be dealing with similar issues. One of my talented fitness friends shared with me how she was judged for posting yoga poses on her Facebook page. Another friend described to me how catty others can be, especially when you are feeling happy & successful. I stepped away with a deeper understanding of my situation. I saw things clearly at that moment.

People can look at a house and see it in mint condition. They don't stop to think about the hard work it takes to upkeep and all the labor that went behind constructing that home. To some, that house is pretty darn fabulous. To others, that home is not their style or ideal location. Yes, the house appears to be well maintained, but does anyone care to really know what goes on inside? It is easy to cast stones at the windows and try to break it down, but the love inside that house will keep it strong. That simple house can weather any storm because it has a great family who relies on it for generations to come.

Just another bump in that road we call life. My feelings were hurt, but it has taught me a valuable lesson. Not everyone will be pleased with me all the time, but as long as I can be proud of my own accomplishments at the end of the day, then success is mine.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I have dealt with so much of this over the past year but I can honestly say that now that I'm on the other side I am so much stronger, so much more confident, so much braver.....and I don't feel like I would be any of these things if I was still friends with the people who hurt me. But I have been shocked and hurt at how many people are offended or angry about how much I post about my fitness journey. It hurts me because I know how hard I've worked, how much effort and motivation it takes for me to do what I'm doing. Keep your head up, woman! You are a true inspiration to me - you help keep me focused!

    ReplyDelete