Saturday, March 5, 2011

OMG!!! Get me out of here!

Today was a crazy day in case the title didn't imply that already! I am so looking forward to escaping tomorrow. To think, I actually pondered the thought not attending the Les Mills Quarterly Workshop which consists of 11 hours of extreme aerobics. After today, that is going to seem like a day of meditation. That's primarily the focus of my fitness schedule, to relieve stress.

Back to today, though. My day started off completely unscheduled. I awoke and leisurely sipped my energy drink, hovering over the late night events I missed on Facebook. Eventually I hopped onto the elliptical machine intently following the dramatic saga of Charlie Sheen featured on the Today Show. At that exact moment, my day fell apart! My sons ran in reminding me that today was the last day to sign up for the Tai Kwan Do Tournament. Not only did I need to drive them to to a rehearsal by 9am, but I also needed to drop some pretty hefty money that I had been saving for a rainy day. After showering, brushing my teeth, and dressing almost simultaneously, hubby and I prepped all 4 kids and away we went. The start of our day had now begun! After signing up 3 kids for this tournament (yes, I got talked into adding the toddler) we sat through what seemed like hours of 'kibon's'.

Luck struck, as the boys left to hang out at a friends house for the day and hubby and I were left on a mini date chaperoned by toddlers. We enjoyed a quick lunch, followed by a walk through some local shops, where we ended up spending even more money on little trinkets for the kids and I slipped in another pair of cycling shorts!



 Soon enough we were home, the boys returned, and the noise level raised a few hundred octaves. Dinner hour is the most stressful part of my day. I wish I could run and hide, but like hungry wolves, I am their prey. So here I am, writing my blog in the remote area of my home. Looking forward to the events of tomorrow. No longer will I feel guilty about taking my fitness career to a higher level, I will grow from this experience, and therefore those I teach will benefit. The kids will enjoy time with daddy and mommy will return to them rejuvenated again!

No comments:

Post a Comment