Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My 1st Blog!!!

Wow, is this really happening? I have finally connected with a computer well enough to figure out how to blog! You would think with my history of Facebook and the fact that I met my husband 12 years ago on Yahoo Chat I could have mastered this years ago. Even so, this is as better time as any, and being a mother of 4 children probably the best chance I have to get started.

So I will begin this blog with a brief history of me and review some of the goals I have for writing a daily diary. I suppose my biggest challenge is to maintain a well rounded schedule which balances my family life with my fitness career. Everything else is a novelty which I will gladly take to fulfill the puzzle pieces. Currently I am content with teaching spin classes and Body Flow (yoga, pilates, tai chi), but always question what's next on the agenda. Do I take on more classes, fork off into the world of personal training, or remain as I am until my children are a little bit older?

Motherhood is a continuing process of self discovery. Just when you think you have your goals figured out, your children grow up a little bit more and their activities change forcing you to adapt as well. A decade ago I was frustrated, overweight, and  actually went through postpartum depression. It wasn't until my kids went to school and I began to socially interact with other moms that I found my way out. I saw how many other moms took great care of themselves, but still made time to focus on their family. This inspired me to recreate myself. I began to figure out who it is I was meant to be. Ten years later, a lot of transition has been made. Seventy pounds lighter, I feel youthful, active, and sometimes unstoppable. I know I still have so much more to experience, but it is motherhood that has helped me develop as a woman.

Yikes, I almost left out the biggest part of my life, my marriage. This year we will be celebrating 12 years of bliss. No, not everyday is paradise, but we are pretty close to it! Of course we have had hurdles along the way, but I think we have great communication skills and that is the key to any great marriage.  At one time we did endure counseling, but let me tell you, that was the best money we ever spent. We both went dragging our feet, but left the office laughing, refreshed, and focused towards our future. I really feel if you have a strong partnership it makes such a difference on how you live your life. I wake up excited and full of energy. I go to bed talking to my best friend about the highlights of our day.

Well, it's official, I have now written my 1st blog! Now that I have killed off about a half an hour, I better get back to fitness, motherhood, and other fun discoveries! With the roller coaster of emotions it takes to uphold a family of 6, you can rest assure I will have plenty of adventures to blog about.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you are blogging now! Your daily FB posts help keep me motivated and I admire you so much - it will be exciting to get a little more of a look inside your thoughts and life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Love your energy and glad that you are sharing your motivation and inspiration with more people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I read your daily FB posts and try to get some inspiration from you. My life has given me two beautiful daughters and I don't regret that. I do however have a hard time making it through each day. I too have weight to lose, but was never a exercise person. I hate to run, I don't like to sweat, but somehow after reading your 1st blog, I am going to try and make myself better. I am so excited to read your blogs and possibly get some help from them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, this was GREAT! For a first time blogger, you really hit the nail on the head. Please keep up the good work because it really inspirers me.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody for the support! I am so excited to start this new journey!

    ReplyDelete