Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dragging Lately

I'd love to write that my life is at an all time emotional high, but that wouldn't be accurate. Truth be told, I'm feeling a little bummed out. Physically I'm shattered from my recent bout of extreme exercise, the kids attitudes are wearing me down, and some of my friendships have me rethinking my own actions and others interpretations. So like the millions of you out there, I'm stressed out.

The kids lead the way in raising my blood pressure to an all time high. My tween boys are ever so sassy and have me shifting my already tight schedule to accommodate a karate tournament this weekend. Although I see an increase in their grades lately, I received a note home from the teacher today that my son's focus seems to be on girls. How do I even confront this topic being that I was once in his shoes at that same age? Anyhow, we are dealing with it the best way our family sees fit. Lucky for him, I have inherited my dad's low key approach to many situations.

Yes, even at my age I am still dealing with friend issues. Lately I've been feeling like I'm repeating 9th grade over again. The emotions are similar and my feelings still get hurt the same, but as a woman I can actually learn from it all. Instead of running to others for advice, I can actually hear the dilemma, think about a solution, and make a plan on how to move on. Thankfully the issues have no right or wrong answer, but I know in order to be a better friend I need to listen and understand another prospective.

I hope I get my energetic personality back soon. A busy over scheduled weekend still lays ahead. Like the weather outside which is currently raining with intense strikes of lightening, tomorrow will bring about a whole new day filled with sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment